Friday, April 17, 2020

THE TRUST EQUATION

Have you ever heard about the #trust equation? The Trust Equation was first introduced in 2000 by David Maister in his book, 'The Trusted Advisor'.

I came across it quite recently and was intrigued by the factors at play in this equation:
Credibility, Reliability, Intimacy and Self-Orientation. 

The more I understood it, the more it became clearer to me that this is an equation that can be used in so many situations:
1. Companies managing a crisis. 
2. Countries tackling a pandemic. 
3. Leaders leading a change management process. 
4. Individuals working on their personal relationships. 
5. Customer service dealing with disgruntled customers.

I am sure there are many other situations where the trust equation can help us move forward in the right way. 

For me, there is one factor missing in this equation and I would add that too. That factor is EMPATHY. I strongly believe that empathy is an important element in building trust. 

I wanted to share this with all of you as well, in case you have not seen or heard about the Trust Equation before.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. I will really appreciate your feedback.