Friday, June 26, 2020

MY ENCOUNTERS WITH SUSHANT SINGH RAJPUT

Steve Jobs once mentioned in a commencement speech about 'Connecting the Dots'. Now, when I look back at my various near and far encounters with Sushant Singh Rajput, I see those dots.

All who follow Indian cinema know that Sushant Singh died on 14th June 2020 and we are now discovering so many new facets and dimensions of him and his intelligence.

Let me share my four encounters with him:

2013: Met him for the first time a few years back at an actor friend's party. He was preparing for the movie Dhoni back then.

2015: Nestle India signed him for Munch just a few months after I moved from Munch to Kitkat. For days, the new Munch ad with Sushant used to keep playing on computer screens near me and the jingle got etched in my memory

2019: I was in a bus when I saw him on the streets of Switzerland. I tweeted to him to check if it was him and he confirmed by liking the tweet.

Two days later, I saw a post of Sushant on his Instagram feed where he posted a picture of him feeding birds and the place was right below my apartment.

I missed him by a whisker in the last three encounters and thought I will meet him again someday. Alas, that was not to happen.

My biggest lesson from this:
When alive, celebrate the man. When dead, celebrate his life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. I will really appreciate your feedback.