Thursday, June 18, 2020

TAKE A CHANCE

ost of the times, when I see a #job posting, I notice that experience of that industry is mentioned as a prerequisite. Recruiters shortlist or reject applications basis the filter of whether a person has worked in the industry or not. I believe that this approach often makes you lose out on lot of good talent.

One can learn about the #industry on the job too, as long as the person comes with the right values, attitude and aptitude that blends well with the #culture of the organisation.

In my career, I have changed industries thrice. I moved from #retail to #FMCG and then to #B2B in Nutrition. Every time, I was able to do it because someone was willing to take a chance on me, and go beyond the requirement of the industry experience filter. I am thankful to each one of them.

In fact, if you look at some of the successful corporate leaders, they have changed paths, moved to different industries and yet done so well in their careers.

Whenever I recruit, I never let the lack of industry experience stop me from shortlisting an application if the rest of the CV is interesting and exciting.

So my message to all the recruiters and the managers out there is this: Take A Chance and you will be surprised to find some rare gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. I will really appreciate your feedback.